user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Buying suspension parts 1 year 11 months ago #39919

A lot of owners have lowered them. In my opinion you don't really need to take much out to make a difference.
One option could be to fit the 1300 shocks/springs to the rear which would lower the rear end.
Or you could go for a larger wheel size to fill the arches a bit?

There should be quite a few people on here who have done various things with their cars.
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Buying suspension parts 1 year 11 months ago #39927

If you purchase the springs from Eurosport you wont get the standard size springs. They are 35mm shorter than the original. M y engine is now back in and the height of the car looks good. I didn't do anything special with the struts, again I purchased every thing I needed from eurosport including the struts.

The picture I've included is with the engine in, the stance is much better, I'll have a better picture later.

Dave
Attachments:

Buying suspension parts 1 year 10 months ago #39944

Why so much bother, did they not fit, badly made? Was thinking of doing struts that I can adjust ride height on, then I'm thinking, just buy the lowered set from eurosport? What damper did you install?

Buying suspension parts 1 year 10 months ago #39945

Great work there, very clean!! What did you think of the eurosport lowering springs? Actually detail on any handling benefits realistically exist compared to standard, and any not so good points. Just little concerned that standard dampers not going to be matched for new springs from eurosport, I feel the X1/9 is soo good even in standard, dont want to spoil a good car just to lose 35mm ride height, whats your opinion?

Buying suspension parts 1 year 10 months ago #39969

The Eurosport springs with the 35mm reduction is the only option you can obtain from them, I also purchased 4 struts at the same time my suspension has had a complete overhauled there was no way I was going to use any second hand parts for this. I'm not in a position to drive my car at the moment, as I am now putting the engine compartment back together.

More pictures later
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stuart Parker

Buying suspension parts 1 year 10 months ago #39983

ahhh, lol you have answered my question from other thread

Buying suspension parts 1 year 9 months ago #40103

I've just fitted 35mm lowered springs to mine, it looks heroic. Not sure it handles any better but the comedy tyre gaps have gone. I bought them from Apex Suspension, £125 inc delivery

You can have my old stock springs, if you want them. FOC, just cover the postage

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds