user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users

TOPIC: Very quiet

Very quiet 8 years 5 months ago #25925

Hey Charlie, just off the subject of all the quietness.... do you have any pics of the scirroco rad conversion ??

And if so could you email them to me please,,,, x19lido@gmail.com . Cheers Charlie
X1/9 Lido
Fiat 127 1300 GT
Opel Zafira
Ford Transit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Very quiet 8 years 5 months ago #25927

Fading away

Last edit: by Rachael F.

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #25930

• Keith Smith
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Have I missed something ? :?

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #25934

Hi all as or the vote for chairman I did not vote because I really did not know the people concerned and both seemed upstanding chaps. However finding out that Chris does not have a car brings me to question the validity of his standing, I would have thought it should be a must to have an x1/9 or am I smoking something.

Don't want to stir up a hornets nest again but this is an open forum and I am having my say.

Ps Chris might have more time to be chairman as he doesn't have to fix a car all the time this might be the reason ?

Michael
I have had that many Fiats they gave me a job selling them

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #25937

Charlie I agree and it's the same people that post on this site all the time. 400 members and under 80 vote

Michael

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #25947

I am making no comment on the chairman issue.
However, the deposit is ready to be paid on the 40th birthday venue, I have been regular contact with the Simon the treasurer, I rang Chris yesterday to discuss the event next year.
At the moment the event team is just me, although Neil the internet officer lives locally to me and has offered extensive help.

Go figure!
Juliet
Proud owner of Rosie UPN 19Y
Also driving Maisie the Mazda on rainy days
www.britbitsandclips.com
www.allsparks.com
www.sitran.dept.shef.ac.uk/

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #25948

All.... as someone who has recently returned to X1/9 ownership and club membership after many years (my first club mag was No.8!) thought I should comment. The only disappointment to me returning to the club is to see the amount of dispute within its members. This can do no good for the club and the car that we all love. I'm not entirely sure what the root of all this is but vocal broadcasting of this type needs to end as it is very damaging.
I've owned 8 X1/9s' going back over the last 26 years. The passion for the car was so great its what brought me back here but I will not continue to be a member of a club that seems likely to self-implode at the risk of destroying the reputation of the cars following. I have made one of the best mates I could ever have had through joining this club in the 80's and went on some of the best trips abroad in that time - so have alot to be thankful to it for.
If the Chairman has the most votes then they should be supported by us all.
My only comment on this.
Metallic Green 1300 Serie Speciale - Bertone
Fiat Coupe 20VT LE - Pininfarina
Lotus Turbo Esprit HC - Giugiaro

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #25999

I don't know all about the issues in the club, but the main reason i wanted to come over to the uk, is that i met les, mark and denny in the netherlands. They were alle very pleasant guys to hang out with.

It's sad that they won't be around to host the event. I also have to announce the event in the netherlands, but i'm not sure if the event will be an succes if the organisation is being kept in the dark.

www.x19.nl
1977 serie speciale; 1500 cc, avanti head, 40-80 cam, CSC exhaust, dual 40 DCNF etc.

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #26014

Full details have now been posted under Club Notices :)
Proud owner of Rosie UPN 19Y
Also driving Maisie the Mazda on rainy days
www.britbitsandclips.com
www.allsparks.com
www.sitran.dept.shef.ac.uk/

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #26054

As a new member to the club,I feel I have just wasted money as it seems that no one is actually about!! From previous clubs and forums I have been in,this one appears to be very closed and not very welcoming!! No official welcome to a new member,no open discussion area or off topic chat area! .No appreciable advantage to being a member, unfortunately you have to join before you can find this out as it is a closed forum!! With regards to what appears to be a political falling out over what I dont know,and cant be bothered raking through old posts to find out the reasons!! We are all grown ups!!,but it appears to me that both sides have spat their dummies out,and are sitting in the huff at opposite sides,this isn't primary school you know.Meanwhile newbies like me are wondering is there any point in membership,here to enjoy my car,not sit in the middle of a stand off!!! :(

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #26057

Its better than all the soaps on telly

Michael

Ps I am a bit hurt I sent you a message when ou joined :(

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #26059

Yes thanks Mike,didn't mean to upset you! your message was most appreciated!! I meant the welcome from the club per se,yes there is one when you get membership pack,but apart from that this site seems dead.Whether this is time of year(not good for a Targa!)or as a result of juvenile behaviour and bickering I'm not sure,and not sure if I'll wait and find out,lol.Sorry to appear ranting but other forums have disagreements but they carry on agreeing to disagree!!! By the way you have a cracking car!!! Mine failed its MOT today,head light and poor handbrake!!! re-booked for thursday!! Thanks for the welcome Mike and Charlie!!! :D :D :D

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #26060

Thanks as well Les,maybe I've just been spoiled on another forum,mind you it was for planet killing 4x4,we had to stand united!!!lol...

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #26063

Well thanks for the update,I guess I'm just used to forums being about the cars and the people!!! But then this is the first one I've been on that has a committee,always reminds me that a camel is a horse designed by a committee!!!! :D

Very quiet 8 years 4 months ago #26064

Glad to see your just"getting on with it",and commiserations on your losing,by the way where is YAP living now?

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds