user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: silicone clutch

silicone clutch 1 year 11 months ago #39812

I just replaced my clutch fluid with silicone. A lovely violet colour. I used a big plastic syringe and clear plastic tubing to suck the fluid out. Horrible dark colour with globules. Easy to see when the new liquid came through. I had to use the jam jar method at the end to get the pedal firm but it changes gear ok. A new brass bleed screw as well. I did all this after rebuilding my breaks last year and seeing the damage water in a system can do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

silicone clutch 1 year 11 months ago #39825

Would be interested to know if its made your clutch feel any different? has selecting gears been improved?

silicone clutch 1 year 11 months ago #39830

Personally I hate silicon anywhere near a vehicle, the slightest bit seems to remain forever and a day...usually rearing it’s head when you want to paint anything.
I remember it being popular, if expensive, for racing but they’ve moved on from that nowadays
Strike 2....strike one for resto

silicone clutch 1 year 11 months ago #39836

The silicone oil is good. If today, a liquid that absorbed water to rust the system, took the paint off any part it touched, and allowed the water in the system to boil and make the breaks spongey came on the market no one would use it. As for the problems with getting it off that is true so be careful. I have used silicone lubricants for a long time in aeromodelling to lubricate rubber motors. They last forever and store more power when lubricated with silicone, but is almost impossible to remove. Any way, I am very happy with it and wont have to change it every eighteen months.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds