user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chromadora Wheels and Tubeless Tyres

Chromadora Wheels and Tubeless Tyres 1 year 1 month ago #40529

Hi,

I have sent my rims to be refurbished and have found that the tyres have tubes, tubeless tyres would have to have a valve fitted to the rim but the rim does not have a recess for the valve to seat. Has anyone found a solution to this problem or is it a case of sticking with tubes for which tyres do not seem to be available.

Best wishes, Geoffrey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chromadora Wheels and Tubeless Tyres 1 year 1 month ago #40532

Geoffrey Foster wrote: Hi,

I have sent my rims to be refurbished and have found that the tyres have tubes, tubeless tyres would have to have a valve fitted to the rim but the rim does not have a recess for the valve to seat. Has anyone found a solution to this problem or is it a case of sticking with tubes for which tyres do not seem to be available.
Best wishes, Geoffrey.

I had exactly this issue when mine were refurbished. Tubes were fitted and are readily available and fit into a tubeless tyre, a google search will pull out several sources.
More importantly if yours are the original Cromadoras, they are magnesium and must not be refurbished as if they were an aluminium alloy. The need special electroplating if the surface protection under the paint is damaged by heavy bead blasting or acid dip. They may well look fine, but there is almost no paint adhesion and the slightest knock will cause large lumps of paint to flake off.

Mine are currently being redone and it is a long process with few firms doing it. I have one sample wheel back from rectification, and I have given the go ahead for the other four to be done: I expect to see them back in 3 or 4 weeks time.

Reckon on it costing twice as much as for an aluminium alloy wheel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds