user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gotta laugh! 3 months 3 days ago #42583

Just been out for a run with the wife. She loves it. Got home and parked and turned it off but i didn't engage handbrake fully so rolled forward. After a while came back to put it away and just clicked and wouldn't start! So pushed it a bit forward and called wife to sit in and turn ignition to see where clicking was..only started up!!! Wife is now my chief machanic!!!! Never gonna hear last of this from her!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gotta laugh! 3 months 2 days ago #42584

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the world of X1/9's:lol:
It's always an achievement when they start!!

Your "clicking" problem may well be to do with the lead that fits onto the starter motor.
There is a small green lead which slips onto a spade connector that can work itself loose. If this has moved, or come adrift then it wont start and you will get the clicking sound. if it is loose, just the movement of shutting the door may give you a connection and allow it to start.

It is best to have a look at this when the engine is cold, due to it being against the bulkhead and not easy to get at. It's also not very visible either, which makes it a bit of a pain.
Below is a photo of the starter. The offending wire is the red on the right. Check this is sitting nicely on the spade connector.
Cheers
Andy

Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Hutton

Last edit: by Andy Rowley.

Gotta laugh! 3 months 2 days ago #42587

Thank you Andy. Most helpful. I will check this out....or get the wife to!!!!!

Gotta laugh! 3 months 2 days ago #42588

Andy also it has luminition electronic ignition, the only addition added by previous owner as rest of car original

Gotta laugh! 3 months 1 day ago #42591

Hi Gary,

I have no experience of the luminition set up. But this wire is possibly before that in the system.

cheers
Andy
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.960 seconds