user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: My 1979 1500 owned since new reluctantly for sale

My 1979 1500 owned since new reluctantly for sale 2 years 8 months ago #38639

My 1979 1500 Gold colour, 52000 miles ,still MOT until 14th August. I have owned it since new and age catching up with both car and owner -hard for me to get into and out of car!Due to lack of garage space I need to dispose of my car. It does require some TLC, and in the past 2 weeks the offside headlight has packed up. I would like car to go to a good home as a project (I am hopeless mechanically!) or it may be of use as a donor to another car. Still in use, newish battery and exhaust and regularly serviced Photos attached my email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., phone mobile 07845 871161, home (Chester 01244 342702)
John Thomas

I can send further photos via email if required
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by John Thomas. Reason: Car has now been sold today 26th July. I thank everyone for their interest and I know the car has gone to a good home for which I am grateful and I hope it provides many more years of enjoyment

My 1979 1500 owned since new reluctantly for sale 2 years 8 months ago #38685

E-mailed.

Kris

My 1979 1500 owned since new reluctantly for sale 2 years 8 months ago #38699

Nice car with a cool color. Hope that ends up with the right owner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Thomas

My 1979 1500 owned since new reluctantly for sale 2 years 8 months ago #38721

Hello to all

Just to let everyone know I have sold the car today (26th July) and I know it has gone to a good home. Thank you to all who expressed interest and I hope I can remain a member of the X1/9 Owners Club even though I no longer own one. The car had been owned by me for 37 years and 1 day short of ten months -I don;t think mobile phones had been invented when I bought it!!

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharon Crimlis (now Taylor)

My 1979 1500 owned since new reluctantly for sale 2 years 8 months ago #38722

Well done with your sale John and hopefully the new owner will join the club as well.
An X1/9 does become part of the family and after 37 years it must be quite a wrench to let it go.

You are more than welcome to remain in the club; not having the car doesn't stop you from being a member:)
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Thomas

My 1979 1500 owned since new reluctantly for sale 2 years 8 months ago #38723

Hello, I'm the proud new owner and was already a club member!

Can't quite compete with John's almost 38 years of ownership, I'm only currently on 32 years and that's covered 8 X's.

It was such a pleasure to meet you John, and like me you clearly love your cars.

I drove the car home yesterday without a hiccup..... 110 miles in some torrential rain!

Car's in the dry now with my other two.

My wife greeted it's arrival with a quote from Brenda from Bristol.......WHAT ANOTHER ONE!

My 1979 1500 owned since new reluctantly for sale 2 years 8 months ago #38724

Many thanks Kevin and great to meet you too. I know the car has gone to a very good home and that made parting with it easier as I know you will be able to give the car the care I would not be able to provide to it.
I will search for the wheel centres and if I find them get them to you.

Thanks also to Andy for your kind remarks, I will be glad to remain a member of the club for many years to come. My X1/9 (AND x1/9's in general) will always be an important part of my life

Many thanks

John Thomas

My 1979 1500 owned since new reluctantly for sale 2 years 8 months ago #38729

Hi
I'm hoping to do some sympathetic rolling restoration of this great car and to this end was wondering if anyone happens to have some headlight pods with original gold paint. Don't need to be perfect just good to match the surrounding paintwork

Thanks
Kevin

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds