• Page:

TOPIC:

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 4 months 3 weeks ago #41207

• NRG
  • NRG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Reluctantly it’s time to put my 1500 ‘F’ plate x1/9 up for sale. With the impending return of my Alfa GTV6 I simply don’t have the room or time to accommodate it anymore.

I purchased it in May 2018 as a ‘just about running’ concern and have spent close to £3k ensuring it runs and drives well. It has a current MOT until the end of March this year and I’m willing to get a new MOT prior to sale if required.

It is Mica Red and has an indicated 33K miles on the clock. It has had 3 former keepers, the first purchasing it from Amersham Motors, the third an Italian gentleman whom I bought the car from in Bracknell, I still have his contact details. The car was garaged whilst in his ownership but TLC was somewhat lacking whilst in his care along with an iffy MOT! But nothing to indicate the mileage was not correct or dissuade me from buying it in the first place!

Courtesy of an old V5C I have the names of the first two owners as well. The original Warranty booklet and inspection report from 11/1/1989 along with the handbook will come with the car.

I would like £5800 for the car but I’m open to considered offers. I’d like it to go to a good home & owner to continue where I’ve left off. The car is located near Chesham, South Bucks.

The car drives well, pulls strongly and stops well. The Oil pressure is good and the gearbox syncro works well although it is possible to beat it when cold if you are too ‘quick’.

Work carried out on the car:

Engine: Oil flush and change, new filter, timing belt and tensioner. New water pump, transfer pipe and coolant hoses. New exhaust manifold and silencer. Carburetor rebuilt, new points, condenser, leads, distributor cap, rotor arm and coil. New fuel hoses and filter for modern petrol. Auto choke works! New air filter and fanbelt. New lower engine mount. Replacement oil pressure sender. New earth strap.

New battery.

Cooling system and radiator flushed, filled with correct Blue antifreeze. New heater valve and seals. New radiator hoses.

New brake disks and pads, new master cylinder, reservoir and hoses. New brake flex hoses.

New clutch master cylinder, slave, reservoir and flex hoses. Clutch arm return spring converted to 1300 spec. New lollipop gaitors. Gearbox filled with correct ZC90 oil.

Suspension/Steering: New radius arm bushes, both front control arms, steering rack mounts, track rod ends and gaitors. Correct oil for rack. 4 wheel alignment, the chassis is straight.

Misc stuff: New inner glovebox, heater fan switch and ashtray. Gear lever gator (older rubber style) and older dished steering wheel with leather rim (original Bertone one will come with the car). New short speedo cable, dash bulbs replaced and light pipe to switches. New rear valance panel.

The above represents the majority of the work that I can recall! I will include in the sale, a new thermostat and gasket set, lower springs bought from Eurosport but not fitted and some (better) door cards than the ones fitted, although they are from a later car.

So no car is perfect…. what’s wrong with this one! The cosmetics let the car down, some sellers may say it’s ‘an honest car’! The car shows its age in the paint work, there are numerous scratches and dings and the n/s front corner looks to have had a minor knock as some point and been repaired. The bottom of both doors are showing signs of rust and ideally need replacement lower panels. The wings and sills and in good order as are the arches, the bottom of the A pillars and the nose.

The frunk is in good shape and the typical place where rot appears on the triple skinned inner wings has been repaired to a good standard.

The engine bay is clean and I can’t see any evidence of rot breaking through in the usual places (suspension towers). Floor pan seems solid.

The front grill is just hanging in there and needs replacing and the chequered head rest material needs replacing but otherwise the seats are good with no tears.

The electric windows work but the passenger one is slow and they both need adjustment. Where the motor mounts to the door needs some welding to strengthen it as it is starting to tear.

The headlamps raise and lower as they should and the wipers work fine. I’ve not done the brown wire mod.

Wheels and tyres (P3’s) are in reasonable shape but could do with refurbishing and the spare tyre should be replaced.

I’ve not had the opportunity to get out and take up-to-date photos yet but will do so soon if the weather improves. I have a thread running on the Classic Alfa forum with some pictures of the work. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

www.classicalfaforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2254

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 3 months 2 days ago #41252

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 3 months 2 days ago #41253

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 3 months 2 days ago #41254

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 3 months 2 days ago #41255

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 3 months 2 days ago #41256

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 3 months 1 day ago #41257

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Cold start and running video after I primed the carb.

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 2 months 4 days ago #41315

• Mark
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, could you tell me if your car is still for sale and what part of the country are you?
Thanks, Mark

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 2 months 4 days ago #41316

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Mark, yes still for sale. I’m located in South Bucks near Chesham.

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 4 weeks 18 hours ago #41415

Hi, just wondered, if by chance, this Fiat is still available?
Thanks
Daniel

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 4 weeks 15 hours ago #41416

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Daniel, yes still available

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 3 weeks 2 days ago #41429

Good morning,

Its a bit of a long shot, but is the car still availalble ?

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 3 weeks 2 days ago #41430

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Sent you a PM......

F Reg 1500 for Sale in Mica Red 2 weeks 22 hours ago #41461

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Car is now sold!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds