user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Axle stand placing / great NEC stand / new owner & club member

Axle stand placing / great NEC stand / new owner & club member 6 months 2 weeks ago #41073

First of all, it was great to meet you guys last Saturday with 3 smart-looking cars on display at the NEC.
I'm a new owner/late starter! with a red/black VS: D710YPH (last owner 29 yrs), not sure if anyone knows the car previously.
I've bought everything needed to change the oil pressure gauge sender and currently trawling the club forum for general tech advice/awareness.
One question - where are the best places to site axles stands front & rear? The car goes up fine on a trolley jack using the workshop lifting points & the structural design underneath is amazing … nothing like any British machine I've had before. I'm delighted to say it's in good shape also ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Axle stand placing / great NEC stand / new owner & club member 6 months 2 weeks ago #41074

How great that you have an X19, I am sure you won't regret it. Axle stands go on suspension points. Others may have there favourite places but I think if the point is holding the wheels on it must be strong enough.
What I have enjoyed is the way the car gets you out for the fun of it and the many pleasant people you meet who love it. Its time has come at last.

Axle stand placing / great NEC stand / new owner & club member 6 months 2 weeks ago #41076

Hi Phil and welcome to the wonderful world of X1/9 ownership and glad you liked the NEC display.
You're never to late to get into X1/9s.
I agree with David's comments. Also, I have sited axle stands at the jacking points on the sides of the car or at the drain hole box section at the front of the rear wings. it depends on where you need to raise the car.
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S

Axle stand placing / great NEC stand / new owner & club member 6 months 2 weeks ago #41077

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
just ahead of each rear wheel there is a turret used when the cars where being made to mount them on movable 'dollys' I've used these before for axle stands, make sure they are solid before hand! The front is a bit more tricky and I would probably use the control arm body mounting points for axle stands.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Bedwell

Last edit: by NRG.

Axle stand placing / great NEC stand / new owner & club member 6 months 2 weeks ago #41079

Many thanks for all the replies - perfect :-)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds