user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Headlights / bonnet alignment 7 months 1 day ago #41127

Had the headlights out while working on the bodywork and now there working backwards on when down and off when up. I have had them up and removed battery lead to undo bolts etc so don’t know if I have done something to upset them or possibly disturbed some wiring ,any thoughts on that one please .also am I right in thinking there is no up and down movement on bonnet has is high in one corner .hinges seem a bit flimsy and only have one bolt to body and have loads of movement any thoughts on that one also
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Headlights / bonnet alignment 7 months 1 day ago #41128

Hi, the bonnet has two bolts each side where the bracket attaches to it. There is a little bit of adjustment in these, a bit tricky to do, as you need to support the weight of the bonnet, whilst you slacken / re-tighten the bolts, but this with a bit of trial and error should resolve the problem.

As far as the headlights go, assuming that all the connections are as they should be, I think if you make sure the lights are off, disconnect the arms from the motors, manually position the lights, in the closed position and then reattach the arms, this should 'reset' them.... (Having said that, they can have a mind of their own! :-) )
Good luck!

Headlights / bonnet alignment 7 months 18 hours ago #41129

That makes sense with the headlights mate but need to lower the bonnet to get flush with the wing and can’t see how to do it wondered if bracket was touching body under bonnet when closed ,seems a lot of movement on them
Thanks

Headlights / bonnet alignment 6 months 3 weeks ago #41136

Hi Tracy,

I had the same problem with my head lights...at first they would go up and down on their own like they were blinking continuously. This took about a month to suss out. The problem I found was when I replaced the whole front section wire loom I connected all the white and black wires around...oops. Once I resolved this and got the lights to pop up correctly, I then had the problem of trying to get the lights to work!! when I closed the pop-ups, the lights came on and lit the floor up.

After a few head scratching hours it dawned on me to just re-adjust the motor arms hey-presto they all work. I disconnected both arms raised the pods and reconnected the arms.

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds