user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why are there so many X1/9s for sale?

Why are there so many X1/9s for sale? 1 year 8 months ago #40064

• JB
  • JB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I’ve been following GF sale for quite a few months on here.
It started at £10,000 then went to £7999 then to £5999, £5000ono then £4000 and eventually was last advertised at £2999 and still not sold.
I realise the owner was just testing the market at the higher prices but at least he had the sense to keep reducing his car to a sensible price.
The VS I’m after has now been for sale for 18 months at £9995 and the price hasn’t budged.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why are there so many X1/9s for sale? 1 year 8 months ago #40065

• NRG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
It is weird though why they don’t command higher prices. We have a restored Alfasud Sprint and prices of these have slowly risen over the last few years and seem to sell at these higher prices, maybe it’s the rarity...

Why are there so many X1/9s for sale? 1 year 8 months ago #40066

About £5k I should think!
Condition is everything but mileage matters - keep an eye on what's on sale - you need to be able to buy an adequate replacement.

Why are there so many X1/9s for sale? 1 year 8 months ago #40067

• JB
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
That’s the problem though, I wanted to buy an adequate replacement for my GF but I’m not paying these ridiculous prices and nor is anyone else by the looks of it.

Why are there so many X1/9s for sale? 1 year 8 months ago #40068

I think the market is being tested. Now is the time to buy a reasonable car and store it. When things become hot it happens in an instant. The other night I was driving home in the car when a red TR3 came up alongside. We had a chat at the lights, the Triumph was very nice. However, for the price the Tr is commanding at the moment I could have one of the best X19's available and £20,000 to spend. The X19 is an immeasurably better car than the Triumph in every way, safety most importantly.
I had a Frog Eye Sprite once, and an MGA, even if I could afford the £20,000 or more they are fetching now I wouldn't want one, The X 19 is a better car.
On the way up the hill my car was photographed, not the Tr
My car is OK but there are many more better.
We are the cognoscenti, ahem.

Why are there so many X1/9s for sale? 1 year 8 months ago #40069

• JB
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I think the market is being conned not tested.
Even the cheap ones aren’t selling.
There is a fellow member OB here who has now reduced his X1/9 to £2k and that hasn’t sold.
I viewed a pristine example close to me, its up at £10,000 and I reckon he will be lucky to get £5k.
I’ve got possibly the best Lancia Delta HF Turbo in existence ( these are only 25 RHD models currently registered) and I’ll be lucky to get £12,500 for it so where these people who are asking £10k plus are getting their prices from I have no idea.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds